Family Lawyers Newton and Sussex County, NJ
We provide the support, sensitivity and counsel you need for Spouses and Parents in Newton and Sussex County
Family can be the source of both the happiest and the most painful moments of our lives. It is this emotional roller coaster that makes family law issues so challenging. Divorce, child custody disputes and other issues can quickly become overwhelming to even the most poised individuals in Sussex and Warren Counties. It is all right to ask for help. For nearly 50 years as part of the Newton, New Jersey community, we at Hollander, Strelzik, Pasculli, Hinkes, Wojcik, Gacquin, Vandenberg & Hontz, L.L.C. have built a reputation for being effective, compassionate advocates for our clients going through difficult domestic issues. If you are contemplating divorce, fighting for custody, considering adoption or seeking support for yourself or your child, our attorneys can mitigate some of the pressure.
Our comprehensive family law practice
At Hollander, Strelzik, Pasculli, Hinkes, Wojcik, Gacquin, Vandenberg & Hontz, L.L.C., we have designed our family law practice to cover the issues that people in Newton and throughout Sussex and Warren Counties most frequently face. With decades of experience, our attorneys can assist with nearly any family law issue:
- Divorce — Our attorneys handle even the most complex divorces throughout northwestern New Jersey. We help you explore your legal options and find the best path to a resolution that protects your interests. Often, we can help you reach an agreement on the many issues that must be resolved before a divorce can become final. However, we are prepared to litigate cases when an agreement is not possible.
- Child custody — We are sensitive to the particularly emotional nature of child custody issues. Our lawyers work to establish a custody arrangement that benefits your children and protects your parental rights.
- Child support and alimony — Many divorced spouses and single parents rely on child support and alimony to provide for themselves and their children. We can help you understand how the law applies to your situation and help you obtain a fair support order.
- Property division — Dividing the property amassed during a marriage is never easy. That difficulty is compounded when a business is involved. Our attorneys can help you take stock and work with other professionals, where necessary, to determine the value of property subject to equitable distribution and to ensure you receive or keep your fair share.
- Post-judgment issues — As circumstances change, divorce decrees, child custody arrangements and child support orders may require court intervention. Often, a party needs to enforce the terms of a Marital Settlement Agreement or a previously entered order. Whether we handled your original case or you are coming to us for the first time, our attorneys can help you with all post-judgment issues, including modification and enforcement.
- Adoption — If you are interested in expanding your family or permanently taking responsibility for a child in your extended family, we can help you with the legal aspects of the adoption process.
- Domestic violence — Whether you were a victim of domestic violence or were falsely accused by a vindictive spouse or partner, our attorneys can represent you at restraining order hearings. We help you gather and present the evidence you need to make your case.
- Relocation — In our increasingly mobile society, the issue of relocation often arises. Our experienced attorneys understand the court’s criteria and what must be established before a parent can move out of state with the children. Whether you are looking to move with the children or are opposing the move, our attorneys can effectively advocate on your behalf.
- Prenuptial agreements — Our attorneys are experienced in the drafting and review of Prenuptial Agreements. A prenuptial agreement is an agreement between two people who are about to marry that addresses financial and other issues in the event of death or divorce. A prenuptial agreement is particularly important if you have children from a previous relationship, are involved in a family business or there is a big disparity in your respective incomes.
- Divorce mediation — Divorce mediation is a dispute resolution process with a trained mediator who can facilitate the amicable resolution of the financial issues in divorce.If you are trying to avoid the emotional and financial toll a divorce can take, and if you areare willing to negotiate in good faith and would prefer that you, not the Court, have the final say in the outcome of the financial issues of your divorce, a trained family law mediator from our firm can assist you in arriving at a mutually acceptable agreement.
Contact a Sussex County family law firm that knows what you are going through
For five decades, your friends and neighbors in Newton, Sussex, Morris, Passaic and Warren Counties have trusted us at Hollander, Strelzik, Pasculli, Hinkes, Wojcik, Gacquin, Vandenberg & Hontz, L.L.C. to handle their family law issues with discretion, sensitivity and practicality. Call us today at 862-273-3465 or contact us online to schedule a consultation to discuss your case with an attorney at our firm. We offer free initial consultations for family law and bankruptcy matters, and contingency fee arrangements for workers’ compensation, personal injury and disability cases. We offer competitive hourly rates for all other matters.